Saturday, June 28, 2014

Geometric Solids Fractions

This is why I love estate sales!


Bonanza!
I sorted two boxes of wooden fraction blocks found in the basement of an estate sale that match the Geometric Solids !





Oklahoma barite rose rocks and a weird ball were in the boxes!




Found dates in boxes from 1979.
 I am sure the past owner, who was an early childhood educator, 
is smiling down from heaven!


Cube Extension
Every which way to divide a cube.
It boggles my mind!





Rectangular Prism Extension
What a lesson this will be!



The rest of the family now have all wooden classification matches.
I had used a basket of found objects of various shapes before. 



Mystery forms




 I struggled with these until they became cubes from three odd looking pieces!


Flat wooden shapes hold a future of design wonderful to behold!
I have bagged the rest of the shapes for exploration in math 
and Reggio loose parts!





My old way of classification has been upgraded!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic! You are right someone is smiling down from heaven. Your so crwative too. Thank you for sharing